What is Personal Information?
Personal Information (or Personally Identifiable Information) is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Personal Information does not include information that is not used to identify you, such as aggregate or anonymous information. Federal and state law require SafetyNet Wireless to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways. We automatically collect information when you use our Services. We also collect information about you that you provide to us, or that we obtain from third-party sources.
Information you provide to us. You may give us Personal Information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up for our Services, enroll in Lifeline, communicate with customer care, register on www.safetynetwireless.net, or use our Services. The types of Personal Information we collect from you may include your name, postal address, telephone number, password, e-mail address, date of birth, last-4 digits of your social security number or other government identification number, demographics, activities, location information, and personal preferences. We also collect information you submit through our Contact Us page. The information you may be asked to provide includes your name, e-mail address, order ID, and any questions or issues you submit through the Contact Us page. Do not submit any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., passwords, Social Security Numbers, medical information, or financial information) through the Contact Us page. Third-party providers, including third-party applications, may collect information from you as well, but unless otherwise noted, such collection and use of your information is governed by those third parties’ privacy policies—not this one.
Information collected from other sources. We may obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, including from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases, as well as from our affiliates and partners (including preinstalled applications). This information may include your name, demographic information, interests and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior, or other information. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you, to improve our Services, and to provide you with offers, promotions, and advertisements.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways: (i) To provide our Services, manage our network, and protect the security or integrity of the Services, our business, and other customers; (ii) To develop new products or services; (iii) To contact you about SafetNet Wireless or third-party products, services, and offers that we believe you may find of interest; (iv) To personalize your experience of our Services and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; (v) To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests; (vi) To quickly process your transactions; (vii) To administer a contest, promotion, survey or similar purposes (including retention and winback marketing); (viii) To contact you by e-mail, phone, or direct mail; (ix) To respond to legal process and emergencies; or (x) For any other legitimate business purpose within the course of our customer-carrier relationship.
We may also use your Personal Information as described to you at the point of collection, with your consent. Where required, we will seek and obtain your consent to use your Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) or other Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you would like to restrict the Company’s use of your CPNI or other Personal Information for the marketing of certain products or services, you may Contact Us.
How do we protect information?
We implement a variety of reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
Subject to applicable legal restrictions on our use of Personal Information, applicable federal and state law, and your instructions to us, SafetyNet Wireless may disclose information we collect from and about you to third parties as follows (or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection):
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal and non-Personal Information with affiliated entities for certain business purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
- Third Party Verification Services. We may share limited Personal Information (e.g., name, postal address, phone number, or credit card information) about you with non-SafetyNet Wireless entities to assist with identity verification, payment transactions and to prevent fraud and identity theft. These third party verification services are governed by those entities’ separate privacy policies and not this policy.
- Other Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share your Personal Information with other third parties with your consent. For example, you may permit SafetyNet Wireless to share your Personal Information with other third parties so that they may contact you about their products and services. The use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties’ separate privacy policies.
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Information may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset.
- Protection of SafetyNet Wireless and Others. We may access, monitor, use or disclose your Personal Information or communications to do things such as: to comply with valid legal requests; in case of emergency, to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers; to protect against fraud, malice, abuse, or illegal activity; to defend ourselves in court or other proceedings; to report to credit bureaus or collection agencies or to obtain payment for previously-billed products and services; or to share with outside auditors or regulators.
What special rights apply to California consumers?
The California “Shine the Light” law, California Civil Code Section 1798.83, entitles California consumers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for that business’ direct marketing purposes. SafetNet Wireless may share Personal Information between SafetyNet Wireless affiliates and marketing agents for marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own independent marketing purposes without your consent. California residents may request the categories of Personal Information SafetyNet Wireless shared with its affiliates during the previous calendar year, if any. To make your request for information or to opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, send an email to [email protected]. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Written requests may be sent to:
415 McFarlan Rd., Suite 108
Kennett Square, PA 19348