How to qualify
How To Qualify For Free Lifeline Service
If you are currently enrolled in government assistance programs or have a low income, you may qualify for free Lifeline service, a free Lifeline phone and/or discounted monthly services from SafetyNet Wireless.
If your household has an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines you may be eligible for Lifeline service.
Lifeline eligibility can also be determined by participation in select government assistance programs such as SSI or Medicaid.
Approved Government Programs:
If you are currently participating in any of these government assistance programs, you may qualify for a free cell phone and discounted wireless service from SafetyNet Wireless.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Tribal TANF
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- *Check your state page to see what other guidelines are available.
If your income is at or below the annual limits listed below for the number of people in your household, you may be eligible for Lifeline service. For each additional person beyond 4, add $6,372. Please check your state page for additional income eligibility.
Add: $6,372 for each additional person
More About SafetyNet Wireless
SafetyNet Wireless provides affordable wireless service to eligible consumers through the Lifeline Program. When you qualify for the Lifeline service, you can get FREE talk, text, and data EVERY MONTH! We’ll give you FREE service, discounts on phones and upgrades, and even FREE phone options.